Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend with Godfather - PS2 Game

I have recently purchased the godfather game for PS2. To be honest, never thought before that I would buy this game. But these days hardly I found new game CDs for PS2 that interest me :-(. Every time I look for single shooting/racing CDs in shop, Godfather have always tempted. So I thought of giving it a try. After all, it is based on one of my all time favorite. Eventually one of the masterpiece by Al Pacino.


The overall rating for this game is 77.12% which is not bad. (Refer : http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/920130-the-godfather/index.html). The game is notable as it features the return of several original actors from the original film to lend their voice. But unfortunately, the voice of Marlon Brando is missing but imitator have done a good job. Even the voice of Al pacino is missing which is bit disappointing. But through out the came, you can virtually indulge in the Sicilian life style in New York. Also all famous codes are seen/visualize through out the came (Refer - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Godfather).


The plot:-
The game revolves around the character - 'Aldo Trapani'. Eventually this name can be customized and also the character's physical features, build and clothing as well. Aldo grows up in the shadow of Vito Corleone learning the mafia style. Meanwhile Aldo gets involved in almost all important events of the movie. This is how it looks like but not sure since I have only completed only few levels. I am loving this game since the movie have inspired me a lot. Perhaps this will not be game for others who have not watched or dislike the movie.


Finally the graphics are not bad on my CRT TV, perhaps it should be better on LCD. Oops, it is time for work out in Gym, I will have to stop this here. Will update once I complete the full game. BTW, it looks like the game is not so tough as other shooting games  that I have tried so far.


Bye!!!!
Keep Chilling

No comments: