Friday, January 8, 2010

Jailbreak/Unlock Iphone 2G on OS 3.1.2

I wanted to update my 2G iphone with 3.1.2 (currently running with 3.0.0 Mac OS). First thing I did was a quick search in iclarified site but no tutorial were found for jailbreaking on Windows. At the same time, jailbreaking using Pwnage on Mac notebook was availablefor 2G iphone. (Refer - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4255). But I dont have Mac notebook :-(. This means only folks with Mac book can only jailbreak 3.2.1 on 2G iphone... this is not fair :-(. Its almost more than two months since 3.1.2 released, still no place I can find jailbreak on Windows.

BTW, what is special in 3.1.2?. It seems following well knowns bugs are fixed in this update:
  • Device suddenly losing network access.
  • Video stream crashing.
  • Device not waking from sleep in certain sitautions ( the most troubled bug so far according to me).
  • And most important feature request that is part of this new update is support for Genius Mode for the App Store. As per the mashable site (Refer :http://mashable.com/2009/09/09/iphone-os-3-1-released-featuring-genius-mode-for-app-store), now the same technology that recommends songs will be used to recommend applications. Hopefully, this will make navigating the App Store and finding more gems easier than ever before. But I wonder how this will be helpful to me!!!!. Probabily I should write a review once I experience it.

So I am eagerly looking forward to update to 3.1.2. The other important reason being that is lots of new applications are based on this updated OS. At the same I dont want to try to jailbreak on my own rather I will wait for the community to do it and follow them :-). I think it make senses to wait for detailed tutorial in iclarified site to update my iphone OS.

Meanwhile, I hope to see the Pwnage tool getting ported (by Iphone Dev Team) soon to Windows :-). If I find one, will post how to jailbreak using Windows.


Cheers!!!!
Happy weekend to all!!!

No comments: