Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ferrari unveils F10 in Maranello!!!

As I expected ( like most of the ferrari fans), Ferrari became the first team to launch its 2010 car, unveiling its new F10 challenger in Maranello this morning. Much to the surprise, ferrari also hosted the launch show online like what Mercedez did few days ago. But I could not follow it up because I was in a training for the whole day. 


With Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa on hand, the covers were taken off the Scuderia's latest F1 car, the F10, which is the result of months of work given Ferrari's decision to focus on the year ahead in the midst of a dismal 2009 Championship. The new car, which predominantly features the Santander branding (resulting in lots of white shade getting added), carries a much larger fuel tank given the new ban on refuelling. It also has bulges similar to last year's Red Bull RB5 and the double-decker diffuser. Technical director Aldo Costa said the new car has been designed from scratch around the double diffuser at the rear of the car, which was covered during the launch, but I don't think so :-)

Finally I would like to conclude with few words from Alonso:


"This is the first time for me, the first presentation for Ferrari, and it is a big emotion for me."


"I want to thank the whole team because they have worked really hard in the last few months to create this dream, this new car, and I want to thank sponsors and partners as they have worked hard and there is a lot of passion".


"We are ready to take this challenge and the responsibility to bring it to 100 per cent of its potential".


"Felipe and I will be a very strong team and I hope we will make supporters around the world very happy to see this car winning the Championship."



No comments: